A World-Class University Experience
- At New Student Orientation, incoming students and their family members are introduced to the university while learning about what it means to be a member of the TCU community of scholars.
- New students have the opportunity to experience Frog Camp in Texas, Colorado, D.C., and abroad. About 70 percent of the incoming first-year class participates in this summer program designed to introduce students to the mission, values, and culture of the TCU community.
- At the Chancellor’s Assembly, a celebration of TCU’s academic life, incoming students march into Daniel-Meyer Coliseum to the applause of faculty and staff members clad in academic regalia. The event concludes with the candlelight passing of the Torch of Knowledge.
- TCU students have the opportunity to participate in programs designed to develop a sense of belonging and the skills and self-confidence needed for academic and personal success. Through transitional programs, they are provided with opportunities to grow and learn at all levels of development.
- The 2nd-Year Pinning ceremony is a celebration for sophomore students designed to foster a stronger connection and deeper affinity to their class and to TCU while recognizing their role as rising campus student leaders.
- The TCU Leadership Center offers a wide variety of co-curricular experiences that allow students to explore contemporary leadership topics while becoming ethical and responsible citizens in the global community.
- Students have the chance to become involved in the University through more than 225 academic, professional, cultural, sport and social organizations.
- TCU’s signet ring, which displays the University’s seal, is presented to Horned Frogs in a special ceremony at the beginning of their senior year.
- Each year, the 50th reunion class hosts a weekend of events, including marching in the May Commencement processional, symbolizing the lifelong ties that Horned Frogs forge with their alma mater.
Point of pride:
From running with the Bleacher Creatures to making the Senior Toast to attending the 50th reunion, Horned Frogs forge lifelong ties with TCU and each other.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.