A World-Class University Experience
The lifelong TCU experience
- At Academic Orientation, incoming students and their family members are introduced to the University while learning what it means to be a member of the TCU community of scholars.
- Frog Camps that stretch from Texas to Colorado to Costa Rica introduce incoming students to the mission, values and culture of the TCU community.
- At the Chancellor’s Assembly, a celebration of TCU’s academic life, new Horned Frogs march into Amon G. Carter Stadium to the applause of faculty and staff members clad in academic regalia. The event concludes with the passing of the Torch of Knowledge and fireworks.
- TCU students have the opportunity to participate in programs designed to develop a sense of belonging and the skills and self-confidence needed for academic and personal success. Through transitional programs, they are provided with opportunities to grow and learn at all levels of development.
- The Second Year Pinning ceremony, the culmination of Sophomore Week events, is a celebration for sophomore students designed to foster a stronger connection and deeper affinity to their class and to TCU, while recognizing their role as rising campus student leaders.
- The TCU Leadership Center offers a wide variety of co-curricular experiences that allow students to explore contemporary leadership topics while becoming ethical and responsible citizens in the global community.
- Students have the chance to become involved in the University through more than 225 academic, professional, cultural, sport and social organizations.
- At the Senior Ring Ceremony, TCU’s signet ring, which displays the University’s seal, is presented to Horned Frogs at the conclusion of Family Weekend in the beginning of their senior year.
- The Alumni Association actively engages alumni in the life of the University by holding more than 300 nationwide events each year, centered on their life stages and personal interests.
- Each year, the 50th reunion class hosts a weekend of events, including marching in the spring Commencement processional, symbolizing the lifelong ties that Horned Frogs forge with their alma mater.
Point of Pride
What you take from here stays with you — always.