- The Intellectual Commons is under construction on the east campus.
- Rees-Jones Hall, to open in fall 2014, will house classrooms, faculty offices and interdisciplinary space, as well as the TCU Institute of Child Development and the TCU Energy Institute.
- An addition to the Annie Richardson Bass Building, to open in fall 2014, will feature classrooms with the latest enhanced health care technology. When construction is complete, renovation will begin on 52,000 square feet of existing space.
- After completion of Rees-Jones Hall, a transformation of the Mary Couts Burnett Library into a technology and multimedia-rich environment will begin.
- About 400 additional students have moved into Worth Hills with the completion of two new residence halls: Marion Hall and Pamela and Edward Clark Hall.
- Construction is under way on a third new Worth Hills residence hall scheduled for completion in fall 2014.
- TCU continues to make substantial investments in new facilities such as Amon G. Carter Stadium, Clarence & Kerry Scharbauer Hall, the Mary Wright Admission Center and the Brown-Lupton University Union.
- The University is involved in an ongoing, multiyear effort to bring all classrooms, laboratories and other teaching spaces to state-of-the-art standards.
- All new construction and major renovation projects have been certified as Gold or Silver by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The campus encompasses 277 acres in a residential neighborhood five miles from the heart of downtown Fort Worth.
Point of pride:
Work is well under way on the Intellectual Commons on the east campus. The buildings under construction are designed to foster innovation and collaboration and create interdisciplinary connections.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel