- Brothers Addison and Randolph Clark founded TCU in 1873 in Thorp Spring, Texas, as AddRan Male and Female College.
- The school moved to Waco in 1895.
- The name was changed to AddRan Christian University in 1889 and Texas Christian University in 1902.
- TCU relocated to downtown Fort Worth in 1910 when the Waco facility burned, and opened three new buildings on the present campus in 1911.
© 2015 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel
Fort Worth skyline photo by Brian Luenser