Other Academic Highlights
- Graduate students from disciplines in the liberal arts, education, ne arts, and science and engineering are encouraged to conduct world- class research and share their results at international gatherings of professional colleagues.
- Capitalizing on its location in the Barnett Shale, the TCU Energy Institute is a leader in research focused on unconventional natural gas plays, which are becoming increasingly important in meeting U.S. energy needs. The institute also researches other clean energy resources and is becoming a center for global research on the development of geothermal energy from sedimentary basins.
- The Intensive English Program is a member of the prestigious academic standards organization, University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).
- William L. Adams Center for Writing patrons include undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni.
- Producers and conservationists on three continents seek expertise on best practices in land stewardship from the TCU Ranch Management Institute.
- Conceptual frameworks emerging from research at TCU’s Institute of Behavioral Research have yielded assessment and intervention resources, as well as implementation strategies that are being used in the United States and internationally.
Point of Pride
TCU’s approximately 200 Chancellor’s Scholars comprise some of the most academically gifted and well-rounded students in the United States.