College of Science & Engineering
- More than 40 percent of the undergraduate majors in the college are engaged in research, the majority of which involves projects in which students work directly with faculty.
- All Engineering and Computer Science seniors participate in departmental senior design projects, which are yearlong capstone experiences in which students are funded from industry sources and are charged with completing specific engineering or computer science projects.
- The national office of the pre-health professions honor society Alpha Epsilon Delta moved to TCU in 2010.
- The Institute of Child Development, which is developing exciting new techniques to treat at-risk children, is growing into the best institute of its kind.
- The Department of Psychology and the Institute of Behavioral Research developed TCU Mapping Enhanced Counseling, an internationally recognized innovation for drug addiction treatment.
- College of Science & Engineering faculty have been awarded millions of research dollars for investigating child development, sustainability, wind energy, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, mercury contamination, the psychology of obesity and other projects.
- The Monnig Meteorite Gallery, which houses one of the finest university-based meteorite collections in the world, features a prized piece of Mars.
- The TCU Idea Factory, one of several new entrepreneurial activities in the college, allows students to develop and commercialize innovative educational curricula.
- The School of Geology, Energy & the Environment, together with the Neeley School of Business, provides programs in the fields of geology, engineering, energy and professional land management.
Point of pride: The Pre-Health Professions Program, which boasts an 80 percent acceptance rate to medical school (almost twice the state and national average), will celebrate its 100-year anniversary in 2013.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.