Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Harris College develops innovative solutions to critical health care needs with initiatives such as the Health Innovation Institute at TCU, a collaborative institute that houses four related centers: the Center for Translational Research, the Center for Collaborative Practice, the Center for Oncology Education & Research and the Let’s Inspire Innovation ‘N Kids (LiiNK) Project Center.
- Social Work students gain intensive practical experience in settings such as Child Protective Services, senior centers, schools and health care agencies.
- Kinesiology students conduct research with their professors in physical performance, nutrition and health. Students in the Athletic Training Program work with TCU Athletics and area high school teams to prepare for jobs in sports medicine.
- The Miller Speech & Hearing Clinic provides services to the Fort Worth community, while serving as a practicum site for Speech-Language Pathology students.
- Students hone real-world skills in state-of-the-art simulation facilities like the Health Professions Learning Center, which features programmable, high-tech mannequins in realistic practice settings.
- Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences has responded to the continuing critical shortage of nurses by creating an accelerated track for students with degrees in other fields, allowing them to complete the BSN in only 16 months.
Point of Pride
Students hone real-world skills in state-of-the-art simulation facilities like the Health Professions Learning Center, which features programmable, high-tech mannequins in realistic practice settings.