Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- With the continuing critical shortage of nurses, Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences has responded by creating an accelerated track for students with degrees in other fields, allowing them to complete the BSN in only 15 months, as well as an online Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- Degrees available in nursing include the Baccalaureate in Nursing (Traditional or Accelerated); the MSN with a focus in Adult/Gerontological Nursing or Pediatric Nursing as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Nurse Leader and Nurse Educator; and the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) for advanced practice nurses and executive nurses.
- The Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Speech-Language Pathology, and Habilitation of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. A minor in Communication Sciences & Disorders is also offered. The Miller Speech & Hearing Clinic provides services to the Fort Worth community as well as serving as a practicum site for speech-language pathology students.
- Social Work students gain intensive practical experience in agencies such as child protective services, senior centers, schools, corrections and health care. A new Master of Social Work program began admitting students in 2013. Areas of emphasis are health and mental health, and children and families.
- The Department of Kinesiology offers undergraduate and graduate majors in health and fitness, sport psychology, physical education, movement science and athletic training.
- Kinesiology students conduct research with their professors in muscle development and endurance. Students in the athletic training program work with TCU teams as well as area high school teams.
- TCU is developing innovative solutions to critical health care needs with initiatives such as the Center for Evidence Based Practice and Research and the Oncology Education and Research Center.
Point of pride:
The online Master’s in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs placed in the top 25 in the U.S. News & World Report 2013 ranking for online learning.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.