College of Fine Arts
- The College of Fine Arts comprises the School of Music, the School of Art, the School for Classical & Contemporary Dance, as well as the Department of Graphic Design, the Department of Interior Design & Fashion Merchandising, and the Department of Theatre.
- With scores of theater, dance and musical events as well as exhibitions, TCU is an anchor in the cultural life of North Texas.
- The College of Fine Arts is distinguished by its collaborations across campus and with arts and culture organizations across the region.
- The School of Music’s large and small ensemble groups have all been competitively selected to perform at major national and international conferences and conventions.
- A TCU student pianist won the First Prize of the BNDES International Piano Competition in Rio de Janeiro.
- Recent BFA graduates of the School for Classical & Contemporary Dance are members of the award-winning Punchdrunk production of Sleep No More in NYC, Garth Fagan Dance and Metropolitan Opera Ballet.
- Theatre TCU continued to thrill audiences. Students performed with acting professionals in the award-winning Trinity Shakespeare Festival productions of King Lear and Love’s Labour Lost.
- For the fourth straight semester, all BFA graduates of the Department of Graphic Design have found employment at top firms across the county.
- Interior Design & Fashion Merchandising was recognized as No. 7 in the Southwest by Fashion-Schools.org.
- A TCU Interior Design major was awarded a scholarship for her prize-winning work for the Illuminating Engineering Society, Dallas Section, Student Lighting Design Competition.
Students in the School of Art are gaining professional experience at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, the Kimbell Art Museum and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.
Point of pride:
For five decades, TCU’s Nordan Fine Arts Awards have provided scholarships to gifted young performing and visual artists.