College of Education
- The International Reading Association awarded the Certificate of Distinction to the early childhood teacher preparation program.
- The Texas Education Agency reaccredited the College of Education with 12 commendations for excellent teacher preparation programs.
- Graduates of the teacher preparation program have a 98 percent pass rate on the State of Texas certification exam.
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Southern Poverty Law Center recognized the College of Education for “Exemplary Culturally Responsive Teacher Preparation.”
- The Center for Research, Evaluation & Advancement of Teacher Education recognized TCU’s English Language Arts and ESL Program for exemplary field-based instructional practices.
- The TCU College of Education hosts the regional spelling bee competition that includes 471 schools from a 16-county area.
- The Andrews Institute provides workshops and programming for hundreds of K-12 teachers and students in the area and around the state.
- TCU’s Center for Public Education recruits, prepares and supports educators to work in public schools and to conduct and disseminate research regarding best practices in public education.
- The Alice Neeley Special Education Research and Service Institute seeks to improve the quality of life and learning for students with disabilities and their families through evidence-based research and practice.
- The Center for Public Education sponsors 24 College Advising Corps advisers, thereby having an impact on more than 22,000 underrepresented Texas students entering and completing post-secondary education.
- The TRiO Programs provide outreach opportunities designed to motivate and support eligible students from first-generation and less advantaged backgrounds.
- More than 600 education students have participated in the International Student Teaching Program.
- The TCU Principal Preparation Program prepares future school leaders through innovative courses and yearlong internships with local school districts.
Point of pride:
TCU is the only university in the nation with two special education laboratory schools – KinderFrogs School and Starpoint School.
© 2015 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel