College of Education
- The International Reading Association awarded the Certificate of Distinction to the early childhood teacher preparation program.
- The Texas Education Agency reaccredited the College of Education with 12 commendations for excellent teacher preparation programs.
- Graduates of the teacher preparation program have a 98 percent pass rate on the State of Texas certification exam.
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Southern Poverty Law Center recognized the College of Education for “Exemplary Culturally Responsive Teacher Preparation.”
- The Center for Research, Evaluation & Advancement of Teacher Education recognized TCU’s English Language Arts and ESL Program for exemplary field-based instructional practices.
- The TCU College of Education hosts the regional spelling bee competition that includes 471 schools from a 16-county area.
- The Andrews Institute provides workshops and programming for hundreds of K-12 teachers and students in the area and around the state.
- TCU’s Center for Public Education recruits, prepares and supports educators to work in public schools and to conduct and disseminate research regarding best practices in public education.
- The Alice Neeley Special Education Research and Service Institute seeks to improve the quality of life and learning for students with disabilities and their families through evidence-based research and practice.
- The Center for Public Education sponsors 24 College Advising Corps advisers, thereby having an impact on more than 22,000 underrepresented Texas students entering and completing post-secondary education.
- The TRiO Programs provide outreach opportunities designed to motivate and support eligible students from first-generation and less advantaged backgrounds.
- More than 600 education students have participated in the International Student Teaching Program.
- The TCU Principal Preparation Program prepares future school leaders through innovative courses and yearlong internships with local school districts.
Point of pride:
TCU is the only university in the nation with two special education laboratory schools – KinderFrogs School and Starpoint School.