College of Education
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) recognized the Early Childhood Education program with its award for Best Practices in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity.
- The College of Education earned the Certificate of Distinction, the highest award for teacher preparation in reading, from the International Reading Association.
- TCU is the only university in the nation with two special education laboratory schools – KinderFrogs and Starpoint School.
- Faculty routinely receive awards and recognition for superior teaching and research, most recently:
- Molly Weinburgh, 2015 Piper Professor, one of 10 professors in Texas recognized for superior teaching
- Robin Griffith and Jan Lacina, appointed co-editors of The Reading Teacher (2015-2021)
- Michael Faggella-Luby, named a 2015 NerdScholar “40 Under 40: Professors Who Inspire”
- Education majors spend extensive time in schools and agencies, gaining real-world experience. By graduation, they have spent an average of 500 hours in diverse educational settings.
- TCU students have a consistent 98 percent pass rate on the Texas teaching certification exams.
- TCU is one of four Educational Leadership programs in the nation to provide the option to integrate the MBA and Doctor of Education degrees.
- The Principal Leadership Fellows is an innovative educational leadership cohort program that is designed to help meet the needs of school districts.
- The College of Education offers multiple opportunities for study abroad, as well as opportunities to student teach in urban, public, private or international settings.
- Faculty and staff secured more than $4 million in funded research and programs in 2014.
- College of Education faculty research is reported in noted educational journals and presented at national and international conferences — most recently in Dubai, England and Germany.
Point of pride:
The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Southern Poverty Law Center honored the College of Education with its award for Exemplary Culturally Responsive Teacher Preparation.