Horned Frogs Athletics
- TCU became an official member of the Big 12 on July 1, 2012.
- Twelve of TCU’s 20 sports were represented by either teams or individuals in NCAA postseason play in 2012-13.
- Nine of 20 sports were nationally ranked.
- The TCU football team’s history and tradition includes a pair of national championships (1935 and 1938) and a Heisman Trophy winner (Davey O’Brien, 1938).
- A rebuilt Amon G. Carter Stadium was opened in 2012 after a $164 million makeover.
- TCU is one of just 10 football programs nationally to reach a bowl game in 14 of the last 15 seasons and one of only eight teams to play in a BCS game in two of the last four years.
- TCU football has finished in the top 25 in six of the last eight seasons.
- Seventeen former Horned Frogs are active in the National Football League.
- The TCU baseball team has reached the NCAA Super Regionals in three of the last five seasons, including a 2010 College World Series appearance.
- Former Horned Frog baseball standout Matt Carpenter was selected to represent the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2013 Major League Baseball All-Star Game.
- Women’s basketball has reached the postseason in 11 of the last 13 seasons.
- Julien Brun was one of three finalists for the 2013 Ben Hogan Award, presented to the nation’s top collegiate golfer.
- Men’s golf has advanced to the NCAA Regionals 24 straight seasons, while the women’s golf program has reached the postseason the last 18 years.
- Ten current and former student-athletes and coaches represented TCU in the 2012 London Olympics.
Point of pride:
The Horned Frogs recorded three national championships in 2012-13: individual NCAA championships for track and field’s Charles Silmon (100 meters) and Lorraine Ugen (long jump) and a team title for rifle in smallbore competition.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.