Horned Frogs Athletics
- TCU became an official member of the Big 12 Conference on July 1, 2012.
- Horned Frogs won a total of five team and individual NCAA Championships in 2011-12: team honors for rifle and air rifle competition, and individual honors for Sarah Scherer (smallbore in rifle) and Whitney Gipson (track and field indoor and outdoor long jump).
- Ten current and former student-athletes and coaches represented TCU in the 2012 London Olympics.
- Fourteen of the University’s 20 sports were represented in NCAA postseason play in 2011-12 by either teams or individuals.
- Horned Frog football opened play in fall 2012 in a rebuilt Amon G. Carter Stadium after its $164 million makeover.
- The Frogs are one of just four football teams nationally to finish in the top 15 of both major polls over the last four seasons.
- Football is one of just three programs nationally to win at least six bowl games in the last seven seasons.
- Horned Frog baseball is one of just eight programs nationally to reach the Super Regionals in three of the last four years, including a 2010 College World Series appearance.
- Baseball has reached the 40-win mark in six straight seasons.
- Baseball has won 12 conference championships and has nine consecutive NCAA appearances.
- Women’s basketball has reached the postseason 11 of the last 12 seasons.
- Men’s golf has advanced to the NCAA Regionals 23 straight years, while the women’s golf program has reached the postseason the last 17 seasons.
Point of pride: TCU football is the only program nationally to win at least 11 games in six of the last seven seasons.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.