Horned Frogs Athletics
- TCU is in its third season as a member of the Big 12 Conference.
- Thirteen of TCU’s 20 sports were represented by either teams or individuals in NCAA postseason play in 2013-14.
- TCU’s intercollegiate athletics program will grow to 21 sports in 2014-15 with the addition of sand volleyball.
- The TCU football team’s history and tradition includes a pair of national championships (1935 and 1938) and a Heisman Trophy winner (Davey O’Brien, 1938).
- The Horned Frogs also played in two BCS games over the last five seasons, including winning the 2011 Rose Bowl.
- A rebuilt Amon G. Carter Stadium was opened in 2012 after a $164 million makeover.
- Daniel-Meyer Coliseum, TCU’s longtime basketball home, is currently in the midst of a $59 million renovation.
- TCU football has finished in the top 25 in six of the last nine seasons.
- Seventeen former Horned Frogs are active in the National Football League.
- Women’s basketball has reached postseason play in 12 of the last 14 seasons.
- Men’s golfer Julien Brun won the 2014 Big 12 championship and was one of three finalists for the 2013 Ben Hogan Award, presented to the nation’s top collegiate golfer.
- Men’s golf has advanced to the NCAA Regionals 25 straight seasons, while the women’s golf program has been represented by either its team or individuals the last 19 years.
- Women’s track and field standout Lorraine Ugen won the NCAA national title in the long jump at the 2013 Outdoor and 2014 Indoor championships.
- TCU rifle has been the NCAA national champion in two of the last five years.
- Ten current and former student-athletes and coaches represented TCU in the 2012 London Olympics.
Point of pride:
Horned Frog baseball, which won the 2014 Big 12 championship, is one of 10 programs nationally to reach the College World Series at least twice in the last five seasons.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel