- TCU’s Institute of Behavioral Research (IBR) efforts continue to be groundbreaking and highly used by practitioners and researchers in drug addiction assessment and treatment. Multiple products that implement practices recommended by IBR research are used around the world.
- The TCU Research and Creative Activities Fund has supported 37 faculty research grants and 22 junior faculty awards for summer research. Of 26 external proposals submitted during the year, at least nine have been selected for funding.
- TCU Invests in Scholarship is a program of internal grants with bold agendas to bring significant external dollars to TCU for research. TCU invested $100,000 in seven programs ranging from a study of Chinese entrepreneurial efforts in Africa to measures that will detect cardiovascular disease risk and the effects of exercise on that risk. These projects will also provide opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to assist with major research programs.
- College of Science & Engineering faculty have been awarded millions of research dollars for investigating child development, sustainability, wind energy, cancer, the psychology of obesity and other projects.
- The Andrews Institute of Mathematics & Science Education in the College of Education receives federal and state funding for cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research as well as outreach to the community.
- The Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences has a rich history of advancing nursing research and scholarship. Funding for college scholarly activities comes from private foundations as well as state and national agencies.
- Learn more about faculty research online in Endeavors, the TCU research magazine at www.endeavors.tcu.edu.
Point of pride: TCU has doubled the number of participants in funded research projects in the last five years.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.